9.01.2012

Two Quick Takes

Here are a few quick takes that probably deserve posts of their own but things have been a little crazy around here so I figured I would summarize :).


- Ben's younger brother, Philip, got married at the end of July, to the sweetest girl, Amanda. Ben and I were honored to be in their wedding party and even got to walk down the aisle together. Their wedding was one of the sweetest and most personal weddings we have been to. We had a lot of fun traveling to Amanda's home town of Three Rivers (which isn't too far from our home town) and hanging out with Ben's side of the family all weekend. We certainly got our dancing in, with the live band and huge dance floor they had,  I have scars from blisters on my feet to prove it.  I don't think I have ever seen two people more meant to be together then these two. You could definitely see God's hand in their relationship and I cannot wait to see where He leads them. We love them so much!

They are so cute!
Her beautiful dress! Excuse the iPhone quality.

A quick shot before the wedding.
The second thing I wanted to catch you up on was our nephew, Jackson's 1st Birthday.
Jackson had a Dr. Seuss Party and it was the cutest thing. The cupcakes were decorated like Thing 1 and Thing 2, topped with blue cotton candy for the "hair". Everything on the food table had whimsical names and labels. His shirt that he wore even says "One I Am" on it. There was also a banner across their fireplace that had a picture on his "birthday" from each month from birth- 12 months.  It was fun to see how much he has changed in just one short year. There were many other cute decorations to match the theme and Dr. Seuss party favors too. His Mama is so creative, I might have to hire her to do my kids party someday :)

 Ben and I love this little boy so much. We got him first real A&M baseball hat and loved watching him wear it backwards...such a big guy. We cannot believe it has been a whole year. His personality is bigger then ever and I just love that he knows who we are and smiles when he sees us. When he reaches for you it just melts your heart. He's not walking quite yet, but when he does I am sure we are going to have so much chasing him around.

No comments:

Post a Comment