4.05.2011

Things I'm Loving Tuesday (Birthday Edition)

My mom came up this weekend and we had the chance to spend all day on Saturday shopping. She also brought me some gifts from home. The biggest gift and the one I am most grateful for besides spending the day together is having my car detailed, thanks Mom! Can't wait to see how new my car will feel once this is done.

I am also realizing more and more how incredibly blessed I am to have the husband that I have. He is supportive and kind but he is also thoughtful when gift giving.
I got an early birthday present a few weeks ago...first on my list of things I am loving...Sperry's. I have wanted these for a few years now but would not spend the money on myself to get them. But, Ben was confident that I would get good use out of them and that I deserved to indulge myself every once in awhile.


We had discussed that those shoes were going to be my birthday present so I wasn't expecting anything else. Then today he had flowers delivered to my office at work. Roses and Calla lilies. The sweetest part was that he said he looked for daisies (my favorite flower) but none of those looked good enough. Sweet Boy.


To round out the rest of my birthday and to add to my favorite things we are going out tonight, with friends, to watch the Texas A&M Women's Basketball Team compete in the National Championship game! Whoop! This is the first time the women have ever made it to the final four round much less the title game. Gig'em Ags! Beat the Hell Outta Notre Dame!


One more thing, Rollie (the puppy) had a birthday about a week ago and she turned 3! I cannot believe it has been three years since we brought our puppy home to become part of the family. She wanted me to add a few things to the list. Ben and I got her some cow marrow bones that kept her entertained for hours on her birthday...yum!


And, my mom also brought a few gifts for her. She had a blanket monogramed for Rollie so she could lay on the couch without covering it with hair (thanks from me too Mom) and she also got a car seat cover for the backseat so after my car gets detailed it can stay pretty. She really likes the one my mom has in her car so I am sure she will love this one once we put it in (and remove the other puppy).

No comments:

Post a Comment