6.09.2015

Refinishing Bathroom Cabinets


I have been working on refinishing our bathroom cabinets for a few months now. The project itself was relatively simple. It was just trying to find the time to devote to it. Each step was easy, there is just some wait time in between each step that made the process take a little longer when you only work during nap times. I unfortunately did not get a before picture of the guest bathroom but the picture above is the after. All we have left to do in this room is replace the faucet fixtures. I think it turned out pretty good :) Below I have listed step by step (in pictures) the process. 

Ben's Vanity (Before)

Ben's Vanity (After)
Jenn's Vanity (Before)
Jenn's Vanity (After)
Step 1: Strip old vinyl off cabinet door faces
Step 2: Degloss the Cabinet Doors and Cabinet Frame

Step 3a: Bond Coat #1
Step 4a: Bond Coat #2
Step 3b &4b: Bond Coat on Cabinet Fixture

 The final step is a clear sealant coat and then reattaching the doors. We used a Rust-O-Leum Cabinet Refinishing product that I would definitely use again! I think it made the cabinets look much better in the bathroom! Ben made the frame for the guest bathroom mirror in the first picture and I think it looks great. I just need to talk him into doing the same for our master bath mirrors as well. Now for fixtures in all bathrooms and new paint in our master bath. But that's a project for another for another day.







No comments:

Post a Comment