7.21.2010

The Big Move

Well I made it through my first week at my new job. I am doing a lot of accounting work which is kind of funny because anyone who knows my educational background knows that accounting is a big reason I switched majors in college. However, I am really enjoying it...and I am learning a bunch. I stay very busy throughout the day and I like it, it makes the time go by so much faster...who would have thought.

Last weekend Ben and I went back to College Station to pack up some more. I have not done much of the packing, my incredible husband has been diligently packing while I work (thanks babe). I cannot imagine having to pack a whole house much less a two bedroom duplex. I guess this is why people hire professionals. Anyway we made a lot of progress, but when we left to come back to Houston it did not look like we had made much of a dent.

Rollie is taking a vacation in Portland with my mom, while Ben and I get our schedules all situated and get a routine down. Even though my mom loves goldens, we are still very grateful that she is willing to keep her...three dogs (2 of hers + ours) can be a handful! Hopefully Rollie won't be there too long, I miss her already, luckily we will get to see her in a few weeks at the river YAY!

Today we had some guys I used to work with come and get our entertainment center and a chaise lounge, and Ben let me know that it looks a lot more empty without the big furniture. We are also bringing in some reinforcements to help us, Ben's best man, Matt comes in tomorrow to help finish the packing and then help load up the moving truck Friday morning. It will be great to hang out with him this weekend after we are all moved in (moved not necessarily unpacked...haha).

I am enjoying the thought that I will not have to lift a finger until Friday when I meet the boys at our "New Place" but now I do not get my sentimental "Goodbye College Station" moment... maybe the next weekend when we have to go back to turn in our keys. I still need to get a picture of us in front of our "first place" as my mom has been reminding me for weeks now (Don't worry it'll happen).

On a side note: Ben's second interview went really well and it sounded like now its just a matter of time...don't you just love the waiting game =-). Oh well, it has given us some time to slowly get moved and situated. God always knows what He's doing (and His timing, although most of the time funny and ironic, is always perfect)...and I am grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment