6.20.2012

Be Still My Heart


Ben and I had a great time over Memorial Day weekend traveling to Glen Rose and Granbury, TX. It was nice just to get out of the big city and explore an area of Texas we hadn't been before. Pictures don't do this place justice but I'll try...


 
 We came in on a Friday afternoon and spent the day driving around Glen Rose. The first thing we found was the school. Its a 3A school and we were floored by how nice the facilities are. This is the Basketball Gym. Incredible right? The football stadium had artificial turf...these people don't mess around. 


 
While driving around we found this local swimming hole called Big Rocks Park. We saw some people sitting in tubes and lawn chairs just enjoying the river running through the park. This reminded us so much of San Marcos and Con Can.

 
 On Saturday we drove into Granbury. A bigger town but still with that small town feel. We walked around the square downtown and found this great antique furniture place. We have vowed to return with a bigger vehicle next time to make some purchases. :)




  I couldn't resist taking a picture of this house in historic downtown Granbury. I just love the wrap around porches on both stories. 

Excuse the blurry picture but I had to get one. This didn't look like lilac to me but does anyone have an idea? The bush was probably 8 feet tall, and beautiful. I was backing away as I heard the bees buzzing, hence the blurry Iphone picture :)




The next few pictures were taken at a picnic area on the side of the highway after we had driven to Stephenville to meet up with our good friends Michael and April for dinner.


Isn't it beautiful?


Be Still My Heart!


Just a bonus, but we were there right at sunset.


As I said before the pictures don't do this place justice. Ben and I had a wonderful time and I would love to go back soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment