3.10.2011

Grass Wars


Well this past weekend I spent almost the entire weekend outside (which was awesome) but I was pulling weeds (which wasn't so bad). When I was younger if I was ever assigned this task I was not a happy camper. However, when it's your own home you start to really take pride in the projects that you do for your house. With that being said our house was a foreclosure (on the builder) and it sat empty for 2 years without much care. So our front lawn was completely and I mean completely covered in spiky leafed weeds. And now that they are all pulled up and suffocating in white trash bags our lawn is dirt...literally dirt. No amount of weed/feed or grass seed will save the mess that is our nuclear explosion of a front yard. So now we are looking into re-sodding the yard. Ha oh well, at least during my hard work I got some sun in the process.

I will post some before and after pictures once we figure out exactly what we are going to do... we are still researching the issue. All I can say is bring it on weeds, my hand rake and I are waiting.

2 comments:

  1. We are doing the same thing. I am trying to find out what kind of weeds these spikey things are. They are nasty little buggers and everywhere. The house owner before us, must've really let their lawn go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spikey Plants Hurt

    ReplyDelete