9.28.2012

While the Hubby Is Away...

Almost two weeks ago I left my heart at the airport when I dropped the husband off for his three week trip to Italy, for work. And so far we are two weeks in. ONE week to go! I can't wait to have Ben home.

While he has been away I have had my last week of work with my old company and my first week of work at my new job. Both were great! It was bittersweet leaving me old job as I had become comfortable in my role and I had made friends along the way. I also used to work with my brother and I miss the daily drop ins from him to chat about things including my nephew, Jackson.

However, everyone at my new job have been so welcoming and I think I am really going to love what I am doing. It's a great environment and it is so much closer to home. I would go through a tank of gas a week going back and forth to my old job, but with my new commute...after a week I have used LESS than a quarter of a tank! Crazy! I might not have to fill up for a whole month! If you know my hate of traffic and commuting you know how excited I am about this.

With my new job came the need for updating my wardrobe. The first full weekend Ben was gone my Mom came up for a long weekend of shopping. It was so much fun to actually buy new clothes! I needed a few staples like dress pants and heels but then had a little fun and bought a few new work appropriate dresses.
We usually just window shop because, since I was young, I have always felt guilty spending money on myself. I digress.

After my Mom left last weekend my friend Ashley came to stay with me while her husband was out of town too. It was fun to catch up but all good things must come to an end. Her husband came home tonight which brings me to weekend number two sans Benjamin. Rollie and I have been watching a bit of TV and making lists of all the things we are going to clean during the rainy day we will have tomorrow. I am very excited about having a lazy weekend because even though it was a good week at work, it was also stressful being the new girl, so I could use a weekend to relax, clean (my stress reliever) and watch some college football.

Ben seems to be having a great time in Italy. The first week he was in Rome, this past week he was in Milan and next week he will be in Florence. He has taken hundreds of pictures and we have had the chance to talk and FaceTime several times, but I can't wait for him to get home and tell me all about his adventures. I am so grateful that he was able to make this trip and experience everything that he has, the food, the culture, the history. It has got to be amazing. Within the first few days he was already telling me that we needed to save our pennies so we can plan a trip for us both to go. I love that man.

So here is to the last 8 days, the first 14 haven't been too bad...but three weeks is just too long to be away! Let the countdown to next Saturday night begin!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you love your new job and that Ben is almost home. I love lazy weekends full of cleaning and football too!

    ReplyDelete