4.22.2013

Prophecy?

Psalm 128: 1-4
Blessed are those who fear the Lord,
who walk in obedience with Him.
You will eat the fruit of your labor;
blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
within your house
Your children will be like olive shoots
around your table
Yes, this will be the blessing
for the man who fears the Lord

Ben had really started working on the dining room table, that he is building for our family, so I thought I would do some research to possibly find some good verses about "tables". For instance "the table of the Lord" or something about the Last Supper or some sort of verse about family. I wanted to find one, not only to encourage him as he was working, but also to hang or put somewhere in our currently un-decorated space.

Looking back...I believe this verse was a gift to prepare us for the week to come. (He had been working on the table the weekend before we found out our big news)
 
Here are a few pictures of the table and a few pieces that will go on the table when complete :)
 


 


a. Pottery Barn Benchwright Table we found plans for
b. Same Table as (a.) but with the extensions in place
c. The Platter from the "Ever Grateful" Collection I received for Christmas
d. The Place Settings from the "Ever Grateful" Collection Ben got me this year to go with our future table :)

Side Note: I love the Ever Grateful Collection. There are bible verses written on the platter and dessert plates that I think are good reminders as we sit down with family and get to enjoy good food and company. I am so excited to put them out on display and use them this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment